Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Transformation


Transformation- Weeks of Emotion

Base

Transformation 1

Transformation 2

Transformation 3

Transformation 4

Transformation 5
Size: 42"x 36"
Medium: White Paper, ArtGraf Disc, Yarka Willow Charcoal, Oil Pastel, Gesso, Acrylic Paint, Tracing Paper
Artist Statement: This piece required being change at least five times in a five weeks period, and ninety percent had to be changed from the week before. For me it depended on how I was feeling that week or whatever inspired me to draw. I tried to do something completely different each week, whether it would be a certian color or technique. Some techniques I used were water drips, mask tape, and layering tracing paper. Color did reflect on the mood I was in when I was making marks on this assignment. For example: Transformation 2 – dullness with monochrome colors and Transformation 3 – stress with reds, yellows, and white in a gestural movement.
Research/ Inspiration:


No comments:

Post a Comment