Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Multiple Panel


Blending Burst




Size: 5’x 6’
Medium: White Paper, Acrylic Paint, Tracing paper, Gesso
Artist Statement:
After many failed attempts in creating a concept for this piece (around 4 ideas) I final figured out what I was going to do. Apparently I work well with large spaces, even though I have little experience working with large surfaces, and color is what I do best so why not combine them.  Another thing I do best is blending even though it takes forever I believed it was worth it. The line work I was leaning towards the feeling of energetic yet calmness, something that corresponds to the color background. I used tracing paper around the edges to create texture, being that I’ve been told I lack texture in my previous project, but the paper I used was not entirely the best quality so the entire piece looks wrinkly but I think it works.
Research/Inspiration:


No comments:

Post a Comment